Portable Potty – Cold Weather & Low Light Service Alert
We hope you have been enjoying the beautiful autumn season we’ve had so far this year! As great as it has been, we all know that eventually, it will change for the worse. While we have had a moderate season thus far, we know there is the imminent potential for colder temperatures, precipitations, and now fewer hours of daylight with daylight savings ending for the year. That is why we thought this would be the perfect time to review service procedures for the coming months.
While we try to run service as long into the winter season as possible, there are circumstances in which Mother Nature just won’t let us work. We also do take a winter service break that you need to be aware of to have proper expectations on your upcoming cleanings. Here are the guidelines of operation for inclement weather and low light conditions as a reference.
** WE DO NOT OPERATE IN TEMPERATURES BELOW 30°F **
• If the forecast shows temperatures failing to reach 30°F by 10 a.m. on the day of service, cleanings may be canceled for the upcoming day. We try to make this determination no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled cleaning but we are not always able to do so as conditions change abruptly sometimes.
o All affected customers will be notified by text and email that the service has been canceled.
o We will try our best to provide a potential rescheduled date but only as the future forecast and service schedule allows.
o Cancellation notices are planned to go out the day prior to service or earlier so that you can bring your cans in on trash day, if not getting cleaned.
If the decision to cancel service is made after 8 a.m. the day before the scheduled cleaning, you may still receive a normal service reminder prior to the cancellation notice.
• Cleanings may be moved up for sooner service if the future forecast requires and the service schedule permits doing so. You will be notified as usual through text and email of any service date changes.
o Cleanings will not be rescheduled more than 1 week prior to or after the original service date. This is to ensure the timeliest regular service schedule possible moving into the spring. We do apologize if we cannot make it back in a timely manner due to weather, it is out of our control.
• If temperatures or the upcoming service schedule are not conducive for service within that 3-week time span, service will resume on the next regularly scheduled date.
• We do operate in light – mild snowfall, but some conditions may result in delays or cancellation of service for the remainder of the day if conditions worsen. You will be contacted if cleanings are canceled or may be completed outside of the normal time window provided in your reminders. Service now runs from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. during fall and winter months.
LOW LIGHT CONDITIONS
WE WORK IN THE DARK
• Our trucks are equipped to provide a safe and efficient workspace in low-light conditions. Along with the truck’s exterior lighting, technicians wear headlamps to ensure a high level of quality control.
• Cleanings run from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
o While our goal is to complete all cleanings before sundown, this is not always possible.
o You will be notified by text message and/or email if service will not be completed for any reason.
• Please keep can(s) visible from the street for cleaning if not notified of a cancellation. As always, can(s) will be brought up to the top of the drive after cleaning is complete.
PLANNED WINTER OFF-SEASON
• Service is currently scheduled to cease from 1/15/2024-2/15/2024. This is typically the coldest time span of the year and allows us to plan for the upcoming Spring season.
o Cleanings outside of those dates will be notified of any interruptions in service due to weather or any other unforeseen circumstances.
o Our office staff will still be available through phone, text, or email. Office hours are from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. January-March.
Thank you for taking the time to review these guidelines. They have been created to ensure the safety of our staff and equipment in the colder weather months. We very much appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter!